Short Film Evaluation

Evaluating the process and experience of making my short film with my group, I learned a lot of valuable skills I can use and develop further within the course like filming with a DSLR on manual and automatic settings. Also editing all of my footage together on ‘Premier’ software on a Mac. 

I liked the freedom and opportunity to create a concept and to then execute my ideals in a physical and digital form. 

Within my group, creating interesting concepts and the discussion between us all went well and was a positive feature of the overall task. We also benefitted by starting filming earlier in compared to the whole group. 

As the project progressed, time management became an issue. When going to film, we couldn’t find the right locations to film wit convenience and ease. When hiring out the filming equipment, the DSLR, this caused a difficulty as a group we found it hard to record footage of the right and appropriate features, this then lead to the group struggling to execute the initial intentions and ideals for the short film task. 

Towards the end of the deadline for the project, more issues started to become more apparent. For example, losing footage when trying to save and the overall lack of organisation and rush to complete the work highly impacted the film. 



To improve, I would of set out a more detailed time plan of what all of the members in the group would do so more work could be produced. 

Comments

Popular Posts